At this critical period of global economic downturn, we all owe it a duty to support measures put in place to defend the national economy. More importantly, it is our individual and collective responsibility to contribute our quota to economic development by doing those things that could help our nation. This is part of what patriotism means. Patriotism is defined as ‘’ devotion to and vigorous support for one’s country’’ The type of loyalty to national cause that was created by First Republic politicians like Mbonu Ojike, alias ‘’boycott the boycottables’’ whose voice resonated across Nigeria for Nigerians to use Nigerian products instead of foreign items. Unless the importance of this campaign is very well articulated, the masses might be lost in a haze of ‘’why must I embrace local products when I can afford better foreign items’’.
It is in the spirit of this that TERRIFIC HEADLINES has passionately campaigned for the use of local herbs that are proven to be efficacious. And we have another wonderful patriot, Red. (Dr) Mike Oye to thank for supplying literature on alternative medicine in the national and public interest GRATIS. Our guide, Revd (Dr) Mike Oyehas pointed out that it is very possible to live healthily without drugs through good diets, discipline, and adequate appropriation of nature. Hence, it is high time we appreciated what we have before we lose them or pay direly to access them. According to him, it is always good to remember that God created resources for all that man would ever need before the creation of man. He created herbs for the healing of the nations (Ezekiel47V12).God made products are always better than man made products. The best of science is yet to discover a little of the wisdom of God in creation and never to fault it.
Today, we feature a compilation by an expert in Alternative Medicine, Revd (Dr) MIKE OYE to enlighten visitors to our social media channels on habits, diets, and health-related matters. Dr. Mike Oye,is still very agile at the age of over 81 years, is in very high demand in the United States, Western nations, and even some African countries. Pa Mike Oye obtained a Bachelors’ Degree from the University of Ibadan in 1963, a Ph.D. in Agricultural Extension & Rural Sociology; and another Doctor of Philosophy in Traditional Naturopathy from the Clayton College of Natural Health, United States. As an Independent Alternative Medicine Practitioner and an experienced Christian Minister for over five decades, Revd Mike Oye has a track record of effectively dealing with many chronic, physical, mental, and spiritual human disorders in a holistic way. His broad and comprehensive education and deep interest in the well-being of humankind are the basis for his practice.
This week, our focus in on LEMON GRASS. According to Dr. Mike Oye, Lemon Grass, administered according to prescription could detoxify the liver, kidney, pancreas, bladder and digestive tract? And TOMATOES that we see and even grow in our compounds can be used to prevent gall stones and kidney stones. Our Guide, some research has shown that those who eat tomatoes without seeds have lesser chances of developing the diseases.
CYMBOPOGON CITRATUS…………. ENGLISH NAME: LEMON GRASS
NIGERIA: Yoruba = KorikoOba ; Hausa = isauri ; Igbo = achara chi
SIERRA LEONE: Baulom = pei – poto; Gola = ti ;Kissi = bichinyeyo; Kono = pu-dumbi; Mende = pu –lumbe; Krio = lemon-gras
GAMBIA: Manding-mandinka= kanyanyallo
• A tufted perennial grass with culms to 2m high and found throughout the tropics. All parts of the plants are aromatic, due to the presence of an essential oil composed of citral, myrcane, dipentene and methylheptenone. Citral gives the lemon taste.
• Health Benefits
• The plant is often burnt in houses to keep off mosquitoes
• The infusion of the leaf is taken as a febrifuge, sudorific and dysenteric, and put into hot baths for fumigation.
• Leaves boiled with guava leaves are taken for cough.
• Leaf and rhizome infusions are pectoral and good for colds, flu, pneumonia, cough and consumption, as well as for fever.
• The tea relieves arthritic pain and rheumatism.
• It can help prevent colon cancer, because of the abundance of beta- carotene.
• It helps in flatulence and colic.
• Mixed with pepper, it can be useful in treating menstrual disorders and nausea.
• It helps to reduce uric acid, cholesterol and excess fats and therefore weight loss
• It improves blood circulation and reduces blood pressure.
• It serves a s a sedative for the central nervous system
• It also helps to reduce cellulite
• It reduces pimples and acne, thus improving the skin.
• It helps to alleviate indigestion and gastroenteritis.
• It has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
• It is rich in antioxidants and boosts the immune system
• It helps to detoxify the liver, kidney, pancreas, bladder and digestive tract.
• It is rich in calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, potassium and the B vitamins. All these are very much needed for basic physiological activities in the body.
TERRIFIC HEADLINES cautions and counsels people to use these gifts of nature only after consulting experts in Alternative Medicine.
Joy House, Near Neubertosh Chemical Industry, Ofatedo, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.
Mobile NOs: + 234) 803-450-1902; +(1) 267-274-8356; +(234) 8106682128
United States: Mirato Ventures Health Store — Attaining sustainable living through diets and herbs.
21, Fairchild Ln, Huntsville, TX 77320, USA, Houston, Texas
Mobile No: +1-267-274-8357
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; Oyemike1939@gmail.com