It is always good to remember that God created resources for all that man would ever need before the creation of man. He created herbs for the healing of the nations (Ezekiel47V12).
God made products are always better than man-made products. The best of science is to discover a little of the wisdom of God in the creation and never to fault it. Thus, whatever is natural is always better for human consumption than synthetic alternatives. Every refining action or process on a natural organic product takes off some essential qualities from such products. The advancement in scientific researches on medicinal herbs has been very helpful towards more appropriate use of photo resources (Plant Resources).
So many facts are yet explained by science and yet long understood and applied by ethnomedicine practitioners towards sustainable health management. It is very possible to live healthy without drugs through good diets, discipline, and adequate appropriation of nature. Hence, it is high time we appreciated what we have before we lose them or pay direly to access them.
DIETARY NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS Here are some dietary principles that will promote healthy living;
- As much as possible, avoid all synthetic and processed food products or drinks i.e avoid completely all soft drinks e.g. Coke, Fanta, 7up, Mirindae.t.c.
- If you must eat bread, eat whole wheat bread.
- If you must eat rice, eat Ofada rice or any local (unpolished) rice. This has some essential nutrients for digestion and absorption.
- Avoid meat completely and eat fish.
- Take fresh fruits and their fibres regularly. Pineapple, ripe Oranges, Watermelon, Carrots, Cucumber, Sour sop and many others are good for health.
- Avoid the intake of Maggiand other synthetic spices and food seasonings. “IRU”(fermented locust beans) or other local seasonings good as nutritive alternatives. Soy beans products are also good.
- Take your pap without sieving because the chaff is very important for the body.
- Avoid frying. Cooking is better than baking, while baking is better than frying. Regulate your intake of oil. Extra virgin olive oil is the best for human consumption.
Nevertheless, let your faith be in God who made the herbs. Let your psychology help your physiology by right thinking and emotions. Be very watchful in adhering to what you eat because YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.
- Joy House, Near Neubertoshchemical industry, Ofatedo, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.
- 397 Saly Road, Yardley, PA 19067, USA.