OUR GUIDE, Rev (Dr) Mike Oye points out that it is very possible to live healthy without drugs through good diets, discipline, and adequate appropriation of nature. He asserts that whatever is natural is always better for human consumption than the synthetic alternatives. In continuation of our series on the USE OF ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE through the preparation of herbs from plants that abound in our natural environment, TERRIFIC HEADLINES, this week brings into your homes a plant that you may see very often; but fail to know its usefulness. This week, we commence the exposition on CITRUS FRUITS, in line with our policy of promoting NIGERIAN MADE PRODUCTS. This week, our exposition is on CINNAMON, which among others is effective for weight loss.
CINNAMOMUM VERUM (LAURACEAE)
ENGLISH NAME: CINNAMON
SIERA LEONE: KRIO = SINAMON
NIGERIA: Igbo = imeguru, ohio
Aromatic tree found here and there in West Africa but cultivated as a plantation spice in Gabon. It is the inner bark which is used commercially.
- Its main use is in medicine, where it serves as a carminative and digestive.
- Other uses are to relieve flatulence, as a stimulant, expectorant, rubefacient, in headaches and rheumatism, a tuberculosis treatment, an astringent, and as a flavoring agent.
- It is also used as an intestinal astringent in diarrhoea and for catarrh and colds.
- It is used as part of post-partum medication.
- It is effective for weight loss.
- Generally, cinnamon is used to warm the organs, to treat chronic diarrhea, cramps, cardiac and abdomen pains, cough, wheezing, and lower back pain.
- It can be used to stop uterine bleeding.
- It has antiviral and antiseptic properties and can be used to fight infections.
- It can be combined with ginger to treat circulatory and digestive disorders.
TERRIFIC HEADLINES counsels that you contact a qualified and certified Naturopath/Alternative Medical Practitioner for the right dosage and prescription for this herbal plant. Revd(Dr). Mike Oye, is a doctoral degree holder and specialist in Naturopathy.
CONTACT: OFFICE ADDRESS:
Joy House, Near Neubertosh Chemical Industry, Ofatedo, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.
Mobile Nos: +(234) 803-450-1902; +(234) 8106682128;
OFFICE: +(234) 8163441767
UNITED STATES: 397 Sally Road, Yardley, PA 19067, United States. Mobile No: +(1) 267-274-8356
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org; Oyemike1939@gmail.com