Femi Adelegan, has rich practical and theoretical experiences in projects management, investments facilitation, trade promotions and linkages with prospective investors in different parts of the world. A time-tested bureaucrat and information manager, the CEO’s technocratic instincts kept him within the precincts of power for several years, during which he made solid and useful contacts locally and abroad. For most of the 1990s through the turn of the millennium, (1994-2000) Adelegan, a publicist, public administrator and writer, walked around the corridors of power as an image manager and spokesman to four consecutive governors of Osun State in Nigeria. He also previously served (2003-2010) as Chief Private Secretary/Special Adviser on Policies, Programmes and Plans Implementation to the governor of Osun State, Nigeria. In this capacity, he managed government’s trade promotions and investments desk. At various times, (2008-2012) Femi Adelegan served as a member of Nigerian Government’s official delegations to the General Conference and Executive Board sessions of UNESCO in France, and was on Nigerian Presidential delegations to the United States, Peoples Republic of China, Vietnam (2006) and the G-20 summit in Canada (2010). He also attended the 41st session of the United Nations General Assembly held in New York, United States in 1986.
- An active participant (May 29,2003-November 26, 2010) in the process of economic development of Osun State, Nigeria through the Public-Private Sector approach and part of the team that drove an aggressive investment promotions drive.
- Was at various times on the Government’s trade promotions trips to Brazil, Germany, Australia, Peoples’ Republic of China, United Kingdom, Turkey, Cuba and the United States. Was part of the team that handled the processing and paperwork leading to the establishment of the Livingspring Minerals Promotions Company and the Livingspring Free Trade Zone, Osogbo
- An active participant in the planning and establishment of the Centre for Black Culture and International Understanding, Osogbo; an organization affiliated to UNESCO. Was appointed pioneer Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the organization.
- A Key Participant in the organization and staging of the First Global Conference of Black Nationalities held in Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria; August 2010
- A key participant (up till November 26, 2010) in the planning for the hosting of the World Summit of Mayors held in Osogbo, Osun State, in 2011.
- An active participant in the establishment of the Livingspring Minerals (Mining) Promotions Company Ltd, Osogbo, Nigeria
- An active participant in the establishment of the Livingspring Free Trade Zone, Osogbo, Nigeria
- Participated actively in the economic development of Osun State, Nigeria from 2003 to 2010
- Part of the Nigerian President’s Official Delegation to the United States, Peoples Republic of China and Vietnam; 2006
- Part of the Nigerian President’s Official Delegation to the G20 Summit held in Canada in 2010
LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURES:
- Attended the 41st Session of the United Nations General Assembly at the United Nation’s Headquarters, New-York, 1986.
- Was part of the Osun State delegation to an Agricultural exhibition held in Atlanta, Georgia, January, 2004.
- Part of Osun State Government’s Trade Delegation to Brazil, January 2004.
- Attended the 8th China International Fair for Investment and Trade, held at Xiamen International Conference and Exhibition Centre, (XICEC) Xiamen, 8 – 11 September, 2004
- Part of Nigeria’s Official Delegation to the 29th Session of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee (WHC) meeting held in Durban, South Africa, July 10 to 17, 2005.
- Attended the first Nigeria-Asia Business Forum held in Shanghai, Peoples Republic of China, 2005
- Field Visits of China’s Special Economic Zones, Peoples Republic of China; 2005
- Active Participation at the 2nd-6th Sino- Nigeria Business and Investment Fora, China; 2004-2008
- Part of the Osun State Government’s delegation to the Joint Investments Forum organized by the Western Australian Chamber of Commerce and the Nigeria High Commission, Australia; Perth, Western-Australia; 30th August-4th September, 2005
- Attended the Year 2006 Agritech Exhibition in Tel-Aviv, ISRAEL; May 7-11, 2006
- Part of the Osun State Government’s official delegation to the First Nigerians In Diaspora Organization (NIDO) Day Conference, Abuja, Nigeria; 2006
- Attended the Mines and Money Conference on Mining Opportunities held at Hilton Hotel, Paddington, London; November, 2006
- Attended the Nigerians in Diaspora Conference in Toronto, Canada; January 18-20, 2007.
- Part of Nigeria’s official delegation to the 34th Session of the General Conference of UNESCO held at UNESCO headquarters, Paris; 16 October to 3 November, 2007
- Attended the 180th Session of the Executive Board of UNESCO held at UNESCO Headquarters, Paris; Sept 30-October 21, 2008
- Participated in the year 2009 edition of the National Conference of Black Mayors (NCBM); 35th Annual Convention, October 21-25, 2009; Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- Was part of the First Nigeria-China Business and Investment Forum held in Abuja, Nigeria; 9th – 11th November, 2010
- Was part of the Nigerian Government’s Delegation to the 36th Session of the General Conference of UNESCO held in Paris, France; October 24-November 9, 2011