OUR GUIDE, Rev (Dr) Mike Oye, a Naturopathist/Alternative Medicine practitioner points out that it is very possible to live healthy without drugs through good diets, discipline, and adequate appropriation of nature. He asserts that whatever is natural is always better for human consumption than the synthetic alternatives. In continuation of our series on the USE OF ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE through the preparation of herbs from plants that abound in our natural environment. Today, we continue with our exposition on medicinal herbs and plants with an expose on ALLIGATOR PEPPER; that is effective against hypertension and arthritis and gout.
ENGLISH NAME: Alligator pepper
NIGERIA: YORUBA= Ata rere, atare;
Hausa= cittaa; Igbo = ose- medhu
GHANA: Akan-akyem =efem-wisa
SIERRALEONE:Akye = KONE; Baule=sa, saa.
A rhizomatous herbaceous plant of tufted leafy stems. Found in the forest shades of tropical West Africa. The inflorescence and fruit are at the base of the plant, which is mucilaginous and whose seeds are strongly aromatic and pungent. The whole plant is aromatic.
- The leaves, combined with piper guineense, are effective against gonorrhea.
- The roots are a vermifuge for tape-worm and remedy for constipation.
- A decoction of the roots is good for colic and gastroenteritis.
- The dried root is prescribed in small amounts for snake-bite. Combining it with Rauvolfia vomitoria in lime juice for a drink is also effective.
- This spice can calm cold, detox the skin and fight cancer (because of the activity of peperine)
- When combined with turmeric, it is particularly good for breast cancer.
- As a galactogogue, it increases the production of breast milk.
- It helps to purify the blood.
- The seeds possess potent anti-inflammatory activity and can help in treating arthritis and gout.
- It is an aphrodisiac and a testosterone booster.
- It is effective against hypertension.
- It usually services as a synergy to other medicinal herbs.
TERRIFIC HEADLINES counsels that you contact a qualified and certified Naturopathist/Alternative Medical Practitioner for the right dosage and prescription for this herbal plant. Our GUIDE, Revd (Dr) Mike Oye, a Doctoral degree holder in Agriculture is also a specialist in Naturopathy.
CONTACT: OFFICE ADDRESS:
Joy House, Near Neubertosh Chemical Industry, Ofatedo, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.
Mobile Nos: (234) 803-450-1902; (234) 8106682128;
OFFICE: +(234) 8163441767; +234 (0) 9061905566; +234 (0) 8065331226.
UNITED STATES: 397 Sally Road, Yardley, PA 19067, United States. Mobile No: +(1) 267-274-8356
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org; Oyemike1939@gmail.com,