IT IS POSSIBLE TO LIVE WITHOUT DRUGS — MIKE OYE ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE: TROPICAL SPICES AND THEIR HEALTH BENEFITS — REVD (DR) MIKE OYE
God has been kind to Africa in terms of natural resources. Africa is tremendously rich in several natural resources, including agriculture; but less than 10 per cent of arable land in Africa is being utilized for farming, thus leaving huge cultivable arable lands on the vast continent uncultivated. Regrettably, the tremendously blessed continent, as of 2013, was the poorest region in the world. It is evidently for this reason that the President of the African Development Bank, Dr. AkinwunmiAdesina has asserted categorically that the billions being chased around are actually of the farmlands. As a continent with a collective GDP of about US$2 trillion, Africa holds about 14 percent of the world’s population, and more than 60 percent of uncultivated arable land. Regrettably, less than 10 percent of arable land in Africa is being cultivated. What this means is that Africans must be mobilized in the pursuit of good governance, and the proper utilization of the continent’s several human and natural resources, particularly agriculture.
Our guide, Revd (Dr) Mike Oyehas pointed out that it is very possible to live healthily without drugs through good diets, discipline, and adequate appropriation of nature. Hence, it is high time we appreciated what we have before we lose them or pay direly to access them. According to him, it is always good to remember that God created resources for all that man would ever need before the creation of man. He created herbs for the healing of the nations (Ezekiel47V12). God made products are always better than man-made products. The best of science is to discover a little of the wisdom of God in the creation and never to fault it. Thus, whatever is natural is always better for human consumption than synthetic alternatives. Unfortunately, so many gifted local alternative medical practitioners, who never went to any school but inherited the formula from their progenitors have died with their useful knowledge. Their products and claims could have been subjected to tests by the appropriate agencies of government, but they never parted with their rich knowledge of traditional medicine. As advocates and promoters of HOME MADE PRODUCTS, we will try, to the best of our endowments, to invite the attention of our loyal readers and friends to these products.
Today, we bring into your homes a compilation by an expert in Alternative Medicine, Revd(Dr) MIKE OYE to enlighten visitors to our social media channels on habits, diets, and health-related matters. Dr. Mike Oye is still very agile at the age of 80 years and is in very high demand in the United States, Western nations, and even some African countries. Pa Mike Oye obtained a Bachelors’s degree from the University of Ibadan in 1965, a Ph.D. in Agricultural Extension & Rural Sociology; and another Doctor of Philosophy in Traditional Naturopathy from the Clayton College of Natural Health, United States.
As an Independent Alternative Medicine Practitioner and an experienced Christian Minister for over five decades, (he is the first indigenous Travelling Secretary of the Scripture Union of Nigeria) Revd Mike Oye has a track record of effectively dealing with many chronic, physical, mental, and spiritual human disorders in a holistic way. His broad and comprehensive education and a deep interest in the well-being of humankind are the basis for his practice..
- This week, our focus in on TOMATOES
- LYCOPERSICON ESCULENTUM: ENGLISH NAME (TOMATOES)
- (SOLANACEAE) ENGLISH NAME: TOMATO
- AFRICAN NAMES; NIGERIA: Yoruba = Tomato ; Hausa = Atumaatur; Igbo = Afufa-bekee
- GHANA : Akan-Asante = tomatese
- TOGO: Bassari = dikambil
- SIERRA LEONE: Kissi = tomasisio; Kono = kibonki
- LIBERIA: Mano = kwi
- COTE D’IVOIRE: Abe = tomato
An annual herb, sprawling or trailing to 1m high with succulent fruit reddish when ripe
Health Benefits: Pulp leaves are an embrocation for lacal pains
- A lotion of boiled leaves is applied to infants as a soothing dressing, and instilled for earache.
- The leaves are considered as antibiotic and fungicidal on sores
- An infusion of the leaves is used in treating gonorrhea
- The leaf is diuretic a beneficial for diseases of the urinary passage and liver troubles
- A poultice of the fruit is used for vitiligo
- Tomatoes are rich in vitamins A, C and K, folate and potassium.
- They also provide thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, magnesium, copper and phosphorus which are necessary for health.
- They are usually low in calories, cholesterol, fats and sodium, excess of which are detrimental to health.
- They are rich in fibre and water, making them help in elimination and weight loss.
- As parts of vegetable and fruit diets, tomatoes help prevent high blood pressure, heart disorders and stroke.
- They are rich in beta- carotene, which enhances the condition of the eyes and the skin.
- The presence of lycopene in tomatoes makes them useful against skin lines and wrinkles caused by ultra- violet rays. It also improves bone mass, thus preventing osteoporosis.
- Vitamin K and calcium in tomatoes help to strengthen and repair bones.
- Lycopene reduces the risk of many cancers, including prostate, mouth, cervical, pharyngeal, esophageal, stomach, colon, rectal and ovarian cancers. Vitamin A and C, as antioxidants, also fight free radicals that damage cells.
- As a good source of chromium, tomatoes help regulate blood sugar level
- Vitamin A in tomatoes improves vision, prevents night blindness, and reduces the risk of having macular degeneration.
- The same vitamin A helps to make hair strong and shiny.
- Tomatoes can be used to prevent gall stones and kidney stones. Some research has shown that those who eat tomatoes without seeds have less chance of developing the diseases.
- Tomatoes are rich in bioflavonoids and carotenoids which are anti-inflammatory.These phytonutrients help to reduce pains and can be useful against rheumatism and arthritis.
TERRIFIC HEADLINES cautions and counsels people to use these gifts of nature only after consulting experts in Alternative Medicine.
CONTACT: OFFICE ADDRESS: Joy House, Near Neubertosh Chemical Industry, Ofatedo, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.
Mobile NOs: + 234) 803-450-1902; +(1) 267-274-8356; +
(234) 8106682128; OFFICE: +234-8163441767
21, Fairchild Ln, Huntsville, TX 77320, USA, Houston, Texas
Mobile No: +1-267-274-8357