LIMITLESS OPPORTUNITIES: NIGERIA boasts of the highest pool of highly educated and trained manpower in Africa, in addition to its large population which offers the largest market for investors in Africa. Poor management of the almost limitless and vast human and material resources available over the years has been identified as the bane of Nigeria since independence. From a steadily growing economy sustained by agriculture over four decades ago, the revenue accruing to the nation grew rather steeply, giving rise to the phenomenon of over-reliance on crude oil for economic development.
The Hon. Minister of State for Industry, Trade & Investment, Mrs. Mariam Katagum, who supervises promotion of Nigeria Made products and services activity has assured that she would pull through in implementing Mr. President’s clear and coherent policy designed to foster economic growth within a relatively short period. Apart from soliciting the support of all Nigerians, especially now that COVID-19 has forced the global community back to table to reconfigure economies, Katagum says she is poised to engage Nigerians in the Diaspora to grow the country’s economy through foreign direct investments.
Amb. Katagum assured that the Ministry is irrevocable committed to the agenda of getting Nigeria and Nigerians to produce what they consume and also strive to meet demands for exports. She stressed the need to boost local production that guarantees more patronage for local industries, in order to conserve scarce foreign reserves and build a self-reliant economy. Nigeria, according to her is blessed with abundant raw materials that could sustain high and broad-based growth and development that could be utilized and get the agro-allied and agro-business sub-sector to fill the gap that is being created by Coronavirus and the anticipated shortfall in remittances home by Nigerians in the Diaspora.
USING NIGERIA MADE PRODUCTS & SERVICES WILL CORRECT THE IMBALANCE IN THE NATIONAL ECONOMY THROUGH LOCAL INVESTMENTS & EXPORTS. It will also:
- Boost the economy
- Correct imbalance in the economy
- Source of encouragement for producers of locally made items
- Encourage State and local governments to join the campaign
- Evidently, there is a great need for governments at all levels to show serious commitment to providing the necessary and required enabling environment for the full exploitation of the potentials of the various sub-sectors of the national economy.
POSITIVE EFFECTS OF USING NIGERIA MADE PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- The standard of living will improve drastically
- Reduce dependence on oil revenue for survival.
- More money will circulate, improving standard of living
- Encourage the production of cash crops that yield huge foreign exchange like palm oil, cashew, cocoa, soya beans, rubber, rice, petrochemical, leather, ginger, cotton, and Shea butter.
- Bring buyers and sellers together
- Increased awareness
- Creation of jobs and employment opportunities
- For more information, please contact the Commodities & Products Inspectorate Department of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade & Investment, Old Federal Secretariat, Abuja