Project aligns with some objectives of the UN Sustainable Development Goals & UN Decade of People of African Descent – Years 2015-2024; AGENDA 2063 of the African Union is Africa’s blueprint and master plan for transforming Africa into the global powerhouse of the future. It is the continent’s strategic framework that aims to deliver on its goal for inclusive and sustainable development and is a concrete manifestation of the pan-African drive for unity, self-determination, freedom, progress and collective prosperity pursued under Pan-Africanism and African Renaissance
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN: RECOGNITION OF COUPLES & FAMILIES OF VIRTUES: This activity is NOT about an ordinary awards event. IT IS ABOUT PROMOTING FAMILY VALUES WITHOUT WHICH NO SOCIETY PROGRESSES. The campaign has three (3) segments to boot:
- Sensitization/public enlightenment that started one year ago – It is running for 365 days initially
- RECOGNITION/MENTORING ceremony for ONLY ONE NIGHT
- EXPANDING a massive campaign to West African nations, and gradually Africa and African Diaspora, given the fact that Nigeria will not sleep if these nation’s are not at peace.
- It is being implemented to effect attitudinal changes across all strata of the society, in order to promote positive family values and the attainment of desirable goals that are set out in the country’s national plans. Activity focuses on the need for an urgent intervention in family values and virtues, at a time that the whole world faces multi-dimensional challenges, including security breaches, criminal and social vices that are threatening peaceful coexistence and values that were handed down by progenitors.
- Promote socio-political and economic development virtues all year round; with a view to contributing to local and global efforts to build families and encourage women emancipation.
- Recognize & encourage the female gender and women generally, as pivots of family units and encourage men to be more committed to joint partnerships. A woman combines a unique position as a wife, a mother, sister, lover, in-law, and grandmother. These roles place her at a unique and advantageous position to a major stakeholder in whatever happens in a family unit, a society, a nation, and indeed the whole world. In spite of these important roles, history has not been too kind to women in terms of recording positive events that tally with the level of contributions of women to development generally. A hard look at supportive spouses in political and corporate governance brings out personalities who have disallowed tribulations in different forms, to extinguish their fire of their love for one another.
DISTINCTIVENESS: The event is distinctively different from the usual award ceremonies because it runs as a public enlightenment crusade for 365 days in one year; while the award is only an integral part of the campaign that runs for only ONE NIGHT. ’When people talk about successful societies, they forget that there are some critical drivers of achievement that were embraced by these societies before recording considerable successes which they enjoy today. It is trite that visionary and purposeful leadership engenders the evolution of a near-perfect society where virtually everything works. We, therefore, have never relented in informing the target audience that our crusade is being prosecuted to effect attitudinal changes on the part of our target audience.
MODALITIES: We are utilizing TERRIFIC HEADLINES SOCIAL MEDIA channels for this multi-pronged campaign. The objective is to evolve radical changes through moderation of attitudes and reduction, if not eradication of social and criminal vices that have grown to be borderless concerns due to the fact that no part of the world is immune to these regrettable occurrences’’.
MORAL RECTITUDE – PREVENTIVE ABOVE REACTIVE STRATEGIES: The Key points:
- The event is designed to encourage men and women alike, with responsibility for the training of children and wards and managing the home, to stand committed to the objective of joint responsibility for successes of couples in life.
- It is believed that women, as pivots of family units are better placed to encourage/lead the campaign against social vices; and how to arrest the trend.
- FAMILIES OF VIRTUES takes cognizance of, and addresses the global dimension of the need for an urgent intervention in family values and virtues, in view of the fact that when a bad practice is continued over a period of time, it becomes the norm; hence the need for proactive measures to shape the conducts of the young ones in their formative years through adolescence.
TARGET AUDIENCE: BEYOND THE AWARDS: SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: For over one year, we have taken it as part of our social responsibility the task of public enlightenment on proactive measures that could be embraced to reform Nigeria through family values. We have worked conscientiously, knowing that there is an urgent and huge need to reform our society through the utilization of family units. Our fundamental assignment has been to contribute to ongoing efforts at construction a greater Nigeria, and in due course the whole of Africa. This concept of FAMILY VALUES & VALUES is very rational and its likely positive effects very obvious. The following constitute the target audience:
- Governments; that must provide the enabling environment.
- Parents; Organizations with parental responsibilities; Civil Society Organizations and the entire society
- Equally affected are institutions charged with mentoring and parental responsibilities that serve to inculcate in our youths the right values, ethics, and morals in every facet of the society.
- A broad spectrum of the global community with emphasis on Nigeria, Africa, and indeed, the global community. However, we regulate our audience in accordance with the description and directives of our CLIENTS and the dictates of our campaign’s mission and goals.
THE GLOBAL DIMENSION
The event aligns with the United Nations agenda of promoting family values and women emancipation. It also keys into the UN Agenda that designates Years 2015-2024 as the International Decade of People of African Descent; and the African Union Agenda 2063. A lot still has to be done to get women to shake off the huge deprivations of the past and aspire to the same heights that men have attained.
SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS: TAKING THE CAMPAIGN BEYOND NIGERIA: We believe that we must enlarge the scope and activities and coverage into African nations, and African Diaspora, for meaningful results. Our BLOG, which is our primary feeder of our associated channels, is equipped with facilities for automatic translation of our posts into the three (3) main Nigeria languages and also foreign languages. This phase would be unfolded at the GALA NIGHT of September 27, 2019. We believe that we must enlarge the scope and activities and coverage into African nations, and African Diaspora, for meaningful results. It is important to note that Nigeria occupies a strategic position in the African continent. It is the engine of the economy of West Africa and a motivator of the African Union. Nigeria is also the catalyst of African Renaissance. It should be expected that whatever happens in Nigeria has the tendency of spreading to other African nations, particularly West Africa.
MODALITIES FOR IMPLEMENTATION: Daily, we reach you with encouraging and thought-provoking pieces on FAMILY VIRTUES & VALUES on our channels. — Activity has commenced.
PART TWO – STRICTLY BY INVITATION
RECOGNITIONS FOR THE PURPOSE OF CREATING FEELINGS OF EMPATHY
VENUE: SHERATON HOTEL, IKEJA, LAGOS
DATE: FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 27, 2019 — TIME: 7.00PM
The evolving era of joint partnerships in the management of homes and businesses by spouses is worthy of being celebrated. Couples, who by dint of hard work, and mutual encouragement have reached the pinnacles of their careers, jointly building their homes and businesses; as well and men who have exceptionally supported their wives and female children to excel are being celebrated through publications on family units that could promote feelings of empathy The stories of the lives and struggles of all personalities; all noted as ROLE MODELS as chosen by the Award Panel are worth reading and worthy of emulation.
RECOGNITIONS FOR THE PURPOSE OF CREATING FEELINGS OF EMPATHY
- Couples, who by dint of hard work, and mutual encouragement have reached the pinnacles of their careers, jointly building their homes and businesses;
- Men who have exceptionally supported their wives and female children to excel are to be celebrated. Also, women who have excelled and taken their present and future in their own hands, in some cases regarded as breadwinners of their families are also to be celebrated
- The stories of the lives and struggles of all prize awardees; all noted as ROLE MODELS are worth reading and emulating.
MODALITIES FOR IMPLEMENTATION — ICONIC AWARDS/HONOURS & ROLE MODELLING: The event has been packaged to acknowledge the spirit of togetherness demonstrated by some couples who could be regarded as ROLE MODELS, who have jointly contributed significantly to societal development. This activity recognizes couples, who, by
dint of hard work, and mutual encouragement have reached the pinnacles of their careers, jointly building their homes and businesses; as well as men who have exceptionally supported their wives and female children to excel in their professions. We recognize the female gender as pillars around which family units revolve; and as key agents that drive development. All our proposed honorees are ROLE MODELS to other Nigerians, and indeed the whole world this age of female and women empowerment. Their positive disposition will go a long way in convincing others, and indeed, humanity, that unity of spouses and nuclear families is a strong factor that aids total human development
WHAT WE AIM TO ACHIEVE – ROLE MODELLING
The event would further encourage men and women alike, with responsibility for the training of children and wards and managing the home, to stand committed to the objective of joint responsibility for successes of couples in life. The key points are as follows:
- Invite attention to the achievements of Nigerian men and women who have worked together and encourage mentoring of the younger generation as a means of further encouraging the growing ones to remain committed to good ideals
- To reassure the growing generation that girls and ladies can attain any height possible and possibly excel more than their male counterparts
- A few Nigerians (male & female) have been identified for recognition for the way they have managed their relationships with their spouses, particularly for encouraging and supporting them to be useful and productive citizens.
- The criteria for selection are based on research into conducts of the proposed honorees. The honours and awards ceremony will hold at the SHERATON HOTEL, IKEJA, LAGOS ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2019.
ATTRACTIONS – AN AWARDS & GALA NIGHT EVENT – PATNERSHIPS/SPONSORSHIPS/SUPPORT
- Event to be transmitted worldwide by LIVESTREAMING
- Opportunity for businesses and advertizers to promote their goods and services on our channels.
- We have a very wide reach …. We are read all over the world including Africa & African Diaspora and we have strong links in the African Diaspora
We identify and promote economic activities; conscientious commentators, creative counsellors, and sincere intellectual advocates of change. However, we do not entertain the following:
- Hate speeches & pronouncements, Issues that could threaten national stability and cohesion, Venomous actions and pronouncements, and Libelous statements and publications
WE ARE GUIDED BY THE FOLLOWING:
- We entertain only issue-based discussions grounded on merit, patriotism, fair play and justice
- Our efforts are chiefly directed at influencing the citizenry for improvements and better standards of living and conducts, through sensitization and advocacy activities
- Promote the style of advancing superior arguments, which is a virtue of democracy
WE PROMISE THAT: Our activities and publications would always be done in good faith, and for future generations, in recognition of virtues and values that are worth reading and recording for posterity. Therefore, we sensitize our audience on their rights, privileges and obligations and to also influence the citizenry to embrace the following: economic development and investments promotions, care more about democracy, and Good Governance; promote Social Responsibility & and encourage Nigerians to shun ostentatious lifestyle, engage in philanthropy; encourage Nigerians in the Diaspora to be more committed to building a greater Nigeria; and provide feedback between the government and the governed.
ABOUT THE INITIATOR & TEAM LEADER
Femi Adelegan is a time-tested bureaucrat whose technocratic instincts kept him within the precincts of power for several years. For most of the 1990s through the turn of the millennium, (1994-2000) Adelegan, a technocrat, strategic planner, publisher, author, and writer, walked around the corridors of power as an image manager and spokesman to four consecutive governors of Osun State. He later served as Chief Private Secretary/Special Adviser (Policies, Programmes
and Plans Implementation Monitoring) to the governor of Osun State from 2003 to 2010. In this capacity, he headed the governor’s secretariat and was also responsible for coordinating government’s investment promotion activities. He was also responsible for liaising with Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation, Embassies/High Commissions of foreign Missions in Nigeria and Nigeria’s Missions abroad, At various times, (2008-2012) Femi Adelegan served as a member of Nigerian Government’s Official Delegations to the General Conference and Executive Board Sessions of UNESCO in France; and Nigeria’s Presidential Delegations to the United States, Peoples Republic of China, Vietnam (2006) and the G-20 Summit in Canada. (2010) He also attended the 41st session of the United Nations General Assembly held in New York, United States in 1986. Femi Adelegan manages a consultancy firm dealing in diverse professional fields and is the author of the following publications on Good Governance that could be accessed at: www.shop.terrificinvestment.com,
- Africa: The Game Changers & Dynamics of Power
- GOVERNANCE: An Insider’s Reflections on the Nigerian Polity
- Information Management Techniques In Governance
- Useful Guides on Foreign Travels, Immigration & Border Posts
- The Press Secretary
- From The Treasures of the Heart and more.
PROMOTING FAMILY VALUES & VIRTUES: MEDIUM OF CAMPAIGN – TERRIFIC HEADLINES & ASSOCIATED CHANNELS
- FACEBOOK: TERRIFIC INVESTMENT & CONSULTING
- FACEBOOK: Terrific Headlines – Building A Greater Nigeria (FACEBOOK)
- FACEBOOK: Building A Greater Nigeria (FACEBOOOK GROUP)
- WhatsApp; email@example.com – Bulk Emails